Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 14 through Day 23

An impromptu sort-of-involuntary leave of absence with no electronics, including cameras, got in the way of my project.

All you need to know about where I stayed is the following:
a) It's not exactly a desired place to stay at
b) There's a small group of people my age there with me
c) We're not allowed to go outside

I still feel the need to jot down a quick summary of each day, even though there are no photos.

Day 14

Okay I lied. There are a couple photos. 

I had to spend a solid six hours in the nurse's office at my school, and they brought me some hot cocoa. 

This is one of those days where something as stupid as sticking my finger in a cup of hot cocoa makes the cut to go on this silly little blog. It was all foamy at the top, and it made swirly patterns when I stuck my finger in to test the temperature.

Day 15 (Wednesday)

We went outside for a solid fifteen minutes.

I played hot potato with a few other girls.

Day 16 (Thursday) 

I took my first shower at my new temporary home.

Key points:

a) The shower head was up to my nose
b) The water wasn't too cold
c) The water spewed out in a violent manner
d) I had a limit of 15 minutes to do everything, include get dressed
e) Baby shampoo is underrated

Day 17 (Friday) 

I discovered watercolor crayons, and thus created an art piece dedicated to the prison-esque telephone.

The women who ran the art group said to me, 
"I've never seen anyone pay any attention to that silly old phone!"
"Well... it's usually the best part of my day."
"The phone?"
"Yeah, I get to talk with my friends. Especially Jo."

I might make several different versions of this telephone, if I ever get my hands on some of my own watercolor crayons in the future. Something with a little more perspective and dimension in it, instead of just a head-on wall.
Day 18 (Saturday)

Big snow storm. It was torturous because we couldn't go outside that day.

I also had an unexpected visitor.

Day 19 (Sunday) 

A few girls and I had a small dance party in the school room while everyone else watched a movie.

I think they were watching House Bunny for the fifth time that weekend.

Day 20 (Monday) 

Another visit.

This one treated me to some shampoo and conditioner, lotion, gloves, and the fuzziest blanket.

It was like Christmas all over again, and it was perfect.

Day 21 (Tuesday) 

We watched Thor.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a wee bit obsessed with Loki. Oops. I promise this phase will pass soon enough. Just like my neon-clothes-and-anime-everything phase.

Day 22 (Wednesday) 

We watched The Avengers. 

This movie is the equivalent of comfort food for me, especially because of Loki. But we didn't have Shwarma after.

Day 23 (Thursday) 

We sat around in the hallway asking thought provoking questions that hurt my head.

There were some tossed around, like
  • What are three questions you wish you knew the answer to? 
  • What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
  • When was the last time you lied, and what was the lie? 
  • If you could go back and tell young you something, what would you say?
That kind of stuff. It sounds like an excruciatingly painful first-period English class, but it was so much better than it sounds. 

Hope this counts for something.


No comments:

Post a Comment